Reviews of a few samples

Holes in the Sky (Small Town Sheriff: Big Time Trouble) - Mark Reps Trails of Deception (Manny Rivera Mystery) - Rich Curtin American Armageddon - Darrell Maloney

Holes in the Sky by Mark Reps - Three Stars

This review is based on the entire sample offered through Amazon.  I enjoyed the sample and might purchase or at least put it on my wish list.  The only reason I did not give four stars and purchase immediately was the formatting.  It was very distracting.

Trails of Deception by Rich Curtin - Two Stars

This review is based on the entire sample offered through Amazon.  I wasn't impressed.  It was very dry and there was too much telling rather than showing for my taste.  I understand this is third novel that features the protagonist, but I was three chapters in before I even began to get a picture of Manny Rivera.  I think the author should think about having an editor look it over because of some awkward phrasing and repetition.

American Armageddon: A Cautionary Tale by Darrell Maloney - 3 Stars

This review is based on the entire sample offered through Amazon.  I enjoyed this sample.  I was struck by the 'shock-jock' character, Stu, who reminded me so much of Rush Limbaugh, I was grinning while I read that chapter.  The way the author captured Limbaugh's essence was a plus and while I was on the fence about Bill Plant, the physics involved in Tommy's murder of Kerwin, and a few grammatical woes I will put this on my 'to purchase' list.