Sample Dump

SURVIVORS OF THE DEAD: FROM THE ASHES - Tony Baker, Monique Happy Lewis DARKROOM DREAMER - Jesse Flood The United States of Vinland: The Landing (The Markland Trilogy) (Volume 1) - Colin Taber After: The Shock (Volume 1) - Scott Nicholson Dead Drunk: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. One Beer at a Time - Richard   Johnson

From The Ashes: Survivors of the Dead by Tony Baker -  Four Stars

I will probably put this on my Amazon Wishlist.  It was a good sample.  Good formatting, grammar, punctuation, etc.  Zombies appear and the protagonist is a reserve policeman in California.

Darkroom Dreamer by Jesse Flood -   Zero Stars

No.  I would not touch this with a ten foot pole... and not because of the hilarious spectacle that 'Poetic Loner' (aka Jesse Flood) made of himself/herself on Amazon.  It was like reading a stream of consciousness story.  The formatting was horrendous and I don't think there was a single paragraph break in the whole sample.  I wouldn't pay cash for that.

The Landing by Colin Taber -   Five Stars

I love alternate history and this promises to be a great yarn that follows the Vikings landing in America and the country developing from there.  I do think that the cover is a bit misleading, but I will still put this on my purchase as soon as I get paid list.

After The Shock by Scott Nicholson - Three Stars

This was an interesting take on the zombie phenomenon.  I am still unsure of what created the different kinds of 'zombies', but apparently you don't get turned if one bites you.  I am currently reading Drummer Boy by this author (I like his style) and I will be adding this to my Amazon Wishlist.  I am hesitant to purchase right now because I know there are more in this series and I am unsure if the author is going to be one that gives you a complete novel within the series or is one of these serial shysters.

Dead Drunk:  Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse... One Beer at a Time by Richard Johnson -  1 Star

The novel gets a star for using correct grammar and formatting.  The actual story itself... not a zombie survival story, more of a drug and booze-filled romp led by immature man-boys (I wouldn't even give these characters the name of frat boys).  Will not purchase and it would take a ton of convincing to get me to check out anything else by this author.