My Amish Boyfriend by Melody Carlson

My Amish Boyfriend - Melody Carlson

Needed a lighthearted break from the more serious books that I am reading and that await in my infamous TBR (to-be-read) pile, and this book fit the bill.  Didn't take too long to read, and it is definitely geared to the younger crowd that would find themselves labeled as New Adult.  That said, it provided a window of escape for an hour or so.

The copy I received from NetGalley was not in good shape.  Dialog was incorrectly formatted, and it seems they were having problems with the 'f'' key.  Normally, I get a note saying what I received was an ARC and or an uncorrected proof, but I did not with this one, so I am little hesitant in vouching for the technical merits of this novel as far as formatting goes.

Shannon McNamara, the protagonist, was well developed and her actions and motivations were spot on for a young teen facing not only the potential mortality of her one remaining parent, but also finding herself dumped in the middle of an unfamiliar culture.

This novel will not my my re-read list, but I did enjoy my time with it.  If young teenage, Christian fiction is your thing, I think you won't be disappointed.  If you are looking more historical accuracy in your fiction and want a look at Amish life, I would hesitate to recommend this.