Dogs of War edited by Mike McPhail

Dogs of War - Mike McPhail, David Sherman, C.J. Henderson, Jeff Young, Edward J. McFadden III, Janine K. Spendlove, Eric V. Hardenbrook, Judi Fleming, Vonnie Winslow Crist, Christopher M. Hiles, Robert E. Waters, Danielle Ackley-McPhail, Peter Prellwitz, James  Chambers, Tony Ruggie

This is another sample review.

Anthologies are difficult to review because there are many different authors and quality of writing in them.  A good editor, would of course, ensure that only quality stories made it into the anthology though.

This was not the case.  The sample provided one full sample, and what I think is the majority of a second.  The first sample was horrendous.  The author needs an editor that could help them shape their writing and the editor of this anthology should have done his job and canned it... not place it as the very first story folks are going to read.

The second story, Father of War by James Chambers, is the only reason that I am giving this book two and a half stars.  It was amazing.  I would be willing to purchase Chamber's work, but I am not willing to take a gamble that Mr. McPhail included stories of that caliber in the rest of the anthology.

So, I recommend that you go grab the sample, read Father of War and then look for more work by James Chambers if you want to purchase a book.