The Heaven's Rise by Christopher Rice

The Heavens Rise - Christopher Rice

I received this book a few days ago from NetGalley.  I had been looking forward to reading this book, but it has been shunted to the DNF- Various reason shelf, a new shelf, that will always have the reason stated why I did not finish in a post. I've also decided that I will leave a rating for DNF and Set Aside books because I will leave a post explaining why they were set aside and not finished.

The formatting for The Heaven's Rise was horrendous, five pages in and I deleted it from my Kindle because I could not slog through the random italics, author's name, book title, line jumps, and new paragraphs created where there shouldn't be a new paragraph.

I have Calibre, I could always go in and try to edit it, but I don't think that is my job- not when I get a book through NetGalley, the publisher and the author should be responsible and make sure that consumable products are offered, so this edition earns a half star because such a product was not delivered.

I am going through with my end of the bargain- reviewing.  They should have gone through with theirs and provided me a readable copy.  Like it or not, right or wrong, this has affected my decision to purchase the book- I am not going to take the chance the publisher did not do their job properly and fix the mistakes.

I know that with an advance copy, you have to take the existence of some mistakes and troublesome formatting into consideration, but when it was as horrible as  The Heaven's Rise, when it is unreadable, I draw the line.